Good Captain Sailing school in Varna, Bulgaria, is looking for outgoing, responsible, and highly motivated instructors that will ignite people’s interest in sailing. Instructors’ primary responsibility is to teach sailing skills.
- Superior sailing skills and teaching ability in dinghies and small and medium keelboats – Skipper / Instructor Certification (or equivalent) or ability to achieve before job starts.
- Fun-loving, sense of adventure, team player, positive, can-do attitude!
- Passion for and experience with working with people.
- Ability to work well with others as a collaborative team player and take initiative as a leader.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification, or ability to achieve before job starts.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Must meet the physical/medical standards specified in the special Health code.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Able to effectively communicate with teammates and management including the ability to receive and deliver detailed instruction!
- Able to lift and/or move up to 30 kg.
- Able to work well within a team environment, helping and supporting team members whenever necessary.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including weekends and holidays.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned production tasks including: constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work on boat for extended periods of time.
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and additional job specific safety training
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse and dock area.
- Customer Service
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Teach beginner, intermediate and learn-to-leasure sailing in keelboats (up to 24 meters and up to 20GT ).
- Help ensure a safe, fun learning environment.
- Evaluate and adjust curriculum, lesson plans and activities, as needed.
- Be a mentor and role model for students.
- Prepare, maintain and properly clean and stow all equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Good Captain sailing school.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary.
Fix % from activity cost.
For those desiring additional information, please contact the Good Captain sailing school at firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin.
Good Captain sailing school is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe sailing community, Good Captain will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Good Captain is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning and working environment.